OUR INVESTMENT PRINCIPALS
We have access to an unlimited choice of best-in-class resource partners.
- Independence allows us to identify and use the best investment ideas and offerings from multiple financial institutions.
- We avoid conflicts of interest and are not beholden to any firm’s agenda.
- We invest in the same models as our clients, for true alignment of interests.
- We evaluate and monitor external investment managers; we also offer proprietary investment strategies based on our own research, analysis, and risk models.
- Our direct involvement in the capital markets heightens our effectiveness as portfolio managers.
Our Commitment: Helping Our Clients Win on Their Terms
We invite conversations around performance. It’s not a topic we shy away from. And we believe in taking action when the time is right—whether that’s going to cash when there’s an issue in the markets or allocating to a high-conviction opportunity.
We believe in winning for our clients. They want to do more than outperform an index by a few basis points. We look to help them win on their terms – mindful of their appetite for risk, liquidity needs, and personal timelines.
Our Proprietary Investment Program
Our proprietary volatility model plays a key role in our investment framework. By measuring more than 30 different underlying signals including all major asset classes and their derivatives, the Tactical Model is designed to help us avoid systematic market corrections like the Global Financial Crisis. The Tactical Model also helps us determine whether recent market movements were based on emotion (fear) or fundamental re-pricing of assets.
Please Note: Limitations. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk. Therefore, it should not be assumed that future performance of any specific investment or investment strategy (including the investments and/or investment strategies recommended and/or undertaken by Syntal), will be profitable, equal and historical performance level(s), or prove successful.